Training with Trust and Respect
What does is take to make your dog happy? They thrive when you give them leadership and attention. This formula will help you to build a relationship with your dog, based on mutual respect and trust. You can have a relationship with your dog deeper that you ever imagined and Bernadette can show you how. With her training, you will have a happy dog and a happy family.
See an example below of a dog that Bernadette was able to help.
What makes for a happy family? Families typically want their dog to:
- Come when called, every time, on or off leash
- Walk nicely on leash, without pulling
- Sit the first time you ask
- Lie down the first time you ask
Families also want their dogs:
- Not to jump on people.
- Not to charge through doors
- Not to dig in the yard
- Not to bark and chew inappropriately
- Not to climb on furniture you prefer they avoid
- Not to steal food off the table and counters
- Not to be wild and uncontrollable
- Not to ignore you when you want their attention
Bernadette is experienced with many gentle training techniques, enabling her to customize a training plan that works for your individual dog. Since no two dogs are alike, a cookie cutter training approach doesn’t work for every dog. From Chihuahuas to Great Danes, Bernadette has trained them all. She specializes in functional obedience, behavior modification, severe behavioral problems, natural dog behavior and psychology, large field socialization, rehabilitating aggressive dogs and off leash control.
Her credentials include:
- Search & Rescue Trainer/ Handler for 10+ years
- Assisting Colorado law enforcement agencies with rescue missions around the state.
- CPDT(Certified Professional Dog Trainer) Requires more than 300 hours of teaching group classes, an extensive written test, and recommendations from vets, clients, and other trainers.
- Certified in the E-touch & Force Free Method ™
- Graduate of Martin Deeley’s International Schools For Dog Trainers
- Professional Member of the IACP(International Assoc. of Canine Professinals)
- AKC CGC Evaluator
- Regular contributor to Equus magazine with articles on dogs and horses.
In order to stay current on the latest training techniques and animal behavior research, Bernadette attends various seminars and workshops throughout the year, taught by some of the top professionals in the field of dog training.
She has handled dogs and been featured on Animal Planet, Channel 9 KUSA Denver, WB2 News Denver, Dog Fancy magazine, Equus magazine and the Denver Post.
Contact Bernadette using the contact form.